Friday 6 May 2011

A new way forward - Change your school.

School's we all hate them one way and love them in another. However you see school there is no doubt what so ever that they are essential. The doctor that finds the cure to cancer, the engineer that pushes the boundaries of travel, the political leader that brings about world peace are in or will be in schools across the world.

You may be thinking ' if school has got all these great future people in it, why do we need to change it?' well the answer to that is simple, the potential is there, but the way this generation is heading that potential will never be released, we'll never be the generation we're called to be. In the bible it states that if we do not fulfil the calling God has given us, we will be replaced. I don't know about you but I don't want to be replaced, I want to fulfil my purpose set out for me.

Schools are where dreams are made, planned out, set into motion. It seemed to me at my time in high school that everyone had their dream job, house, car, wife set out, they seemed to have it all figured out. And then you had me, sat there just plodding along through my time at school, not making a difference, I didn't have a dream job, I knew what I would be interested in doing but never thought I'd ever be able to get anywhere near it. All in all I felt kinda hopeless in high school, people didn't know the true me and made things up to hide it (I was hiding being a christian just for clarity). And I guess for quite a while after leaving school I still thought of my dream/ would love to do job too far away and it was only after I'd had a good chat with a friend of mine that I decided to go for it and it was all because he said 'What good is dreaming if they're too far away'

So now lets get to it. Why change your school? well that's up to you really but if you think about it this way, all those influential people sat in school it's a perfect opportunity to be a pioneer, all pioneers start by learning, if you read the last post I explained that pioneers don't just think of a new way out of the blue it's put together over a period of time from teachings by leaders. I guess what I'm basically trying to say is that there are pioneers in your school and you are one of them, your called to forge new grounds for people to follow.

Being a pioneer doesn't necessarily mean your a leader, pioneers have forged a new way and it has been years before anyone has taken that path but don't let that discourage you, just because no one is following you now doesn't mean they won't. Leadership develops over time and comes with maturity.

I guess what I'm trying to say as I rap this up is that you need to make a new way in your school, college or university, you need to bring change and release the true potential in our generation.

Thanks for reading

Aaron
(Twitter: @Mr_Aaron_B)

P.S. New Generation are an amazing group dedicated to help bringing change to schools through you. Take a look on their website or check them out on Facebook or Twitter. @NewGenerationUK  http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=2220179092 http://www.newgeneration.co.uk/


Also don't forget to check out another of my blogs http://thisislifetoday.blogspot.com/ your just gonna be stoked about it.

One more thing, I'd like to give a massive shout out to my good friend Nikita Withington who's rather ill at the moment but still determined to champion a new way in her school...keep it up Lil sis.